WHAT IS A PROTOCOL AND HTTP?
• PROTOCOL: A protocol is a standard procedure for defining and regulating communication. For example: TCP, UDP, HTTP etc.
• HTTP is the foundation of data communication for the World Wide Web.
• The HTTP is the Web’s application-layer protocol for transferring various forms of data between server and client like plaintext, hypertext, image, videos and sounds.
HOW DOES HTTP WORK?
• HTTP is implemented in two programs: a client program and a server program, executing on different end systems, talk to each other by exchanging HTTP messages.
• The HTTP client first initiates a TCP connection with the server. Once the connection is established, the browser and the server processes access TCP through their socket interfaces.